02 October 2013

St.Philips Cathedral under renovation after 100 years

Bishop Johnson, Rev. James Okaka and Rev. Patrick Lumumba
Western Side of the Cathedral
One hundred years down the road St.Philips Cathedral was build by missionaries of the CMS  in partnership with the Christians. The Church remained in that state with very little renovation done. Right now the Cathedral is under renovation and the old iron sheets are being removed.
The process of removing the iron sheets going on
I spoke to the  Vicar of St.Philips Cathedral who said " Cwinya yom pi gin ma Lubanga tye ka tiyo ne ,Lubanga otiyo me aura" meaning I am happy for what God is doing. He continued to said that the Bishop has a special gift of building Churches. He then appealed to the Christians to mobilise themselves to start building a modern Cathedral, saying this one is being renovated to help for the time being. According to the Bishop of the Diocese Johnson Gakumba, the renovation is a result of support from Friends of St.Philips who are outside Uganda.  According to the foreman I found on the ground the renovation work is due to take a maximum two months. There is plan to celebrate Centenary of St.Philips Cathedral this year in December. 


Vicar St.Philips Cathedral

2 comments:

URGENT LOAN OFFER WHATSAPP +918929509036 said...

My Brothers and Sister all over the world, I am Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada ; i was in need of loan some month ago. i needed a loan to open my restaurant and bar, when one of my long time business partner introduce me to this good and trustful loan lender DR PURVA PIUS that help me out with a loan, and is interest rate is very low , thank God today. I am now a successful business woman, and I became useful. In the life of others, I now hold a restaurant and bar. And about 30 workers, thank GOD for my life I am leaving well today a happy father with three kids, thanks to you DR PURVA PIUS Now I can take care of my lovely family, i can now pay my bill. I am now the bread winner of my family. If you are look for a trustful and reliable loan leader. You can Email him via,mail (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Please tell him Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada introduce you to him. THANKS

osma said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
First name......
Middle name.....
2) Gender:.........
3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
4) Loan Duration:.........
5) Country:.........
6) Home Address:.........
7) Mobile Number:.........
8) Email address..........
9) Monthly Income:.....................
10) Occupation:...........................
11)Which site did you here about us.....................
Thanks and Best Regards.
Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com